COMPUTER BASED TESTING (CBT) UPDATE
Beginning in 2014 all applicants seeking registration as a Surveyor-in-Training (SIT) will begin the process by first creating or logging in to an existing MY NCEES (ncees.org) account beginning November 4, 2013 to apply for the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) examination. Applicants will not submit any information to the Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors at this time.
003. Class 3 shall include all applicants applying for registration as a surveyor-in-training under Section 81-8,109, (3), R.R.S., who may be eligible for examination on the basis of four years practice or training, satisfactory to the Board, and proof of educational and professional qualifications. Class 3 shall also include applicants who may be eligible for examination on the basis of graduation, after a course of not less than four years in surveying, engineering or other approved curriculum, with proportionate credit for lesser time, from a school or college approved by the Board as of satisfactory standing.
All FS examinations will be held at NCEES approved Computer Based Testing (CBT) facilities. NCEES schedules all CBT examinations. Information about the CBT process or other NCEES services may be obtained by contacting an NCEES client services representative by phone at 800-250-3196 or through the chat feature available on the “Contact Us” portion of the NCEES website. Representatives are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m Eastern time. www.NCEES.org
NCEES will notify each examinee of their test results.
Examinees notified by NCEES that they PASSED the CBT examination may proceed by submitting an application for registration as a Surveyor-in-Training to the Board of Examiners for and Surveyors accompanied with payment for the $40 non-refundable application fee. All application forms and supporting information are available below.
Examinees notified by NCEES that they FAILED the CBT examination must login to their NCEES account and reapply for the FS examination. Examinees must PASS the CBT examination prior to submitting an application for SIT registration to the Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors.
New - Complete your application online Click to Fill Out Online Application
Surveyor-in-Training application information.
Applications must be accompanied by a check, draft or money order in the amount of $40.00 made payable to the Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors.
Download the five PDF files listed below for the complete application.
- This form is required for all applicants.
- Use this template to complete and save multiple Engagement Time pages.
- Each engagement will require a separate page.
- Save each Engagement Time page under a unique file name (example: engage01.pdf, engage02.pdf .. etc.).
- See instructions on the form.
- Use these guidelines to assign applicable time on the Engagement Time pages.
- Education Credit Information
- Annual Report
- NCEES Study Guide information
- NCEES calculator policy
- A compilation of Nebraska Statutes, Case Law and Attorney General Opinions.